1. Budget Management
- a. Understanding who, what and how many people will be in attendance
- b. Be diligent in tracking expenses
- c. Skip sit-down meals to save money and promote mingling for welcome corporate events
2. Start planning once you have signed the contract and executed deposits
3. Engage and interact with your audience
a. Making the event enjoyable = first step to increase engagement.
- b. Utilize social media to respond to comments, gather suggestions and make your audience feel involved.
4. Make sure your client’s needs are met for corporate events
- a. Provide and allow for information that makes your attendees feel welcome
i. Can they bring guests, is there parking or valet, is there dietary information, etc?
- a. Introduce yourself to guests, introduce guests to one another to get conversations started
- b. Make sure the event is enjoyable to ensure guests return to your next event
6. Post-event follow-up
- a. Thank guests and sponsors for participating
- b. Send out a survey to gather input and feedback
- c. Discuss what went well and what could be done differently